Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tankmates

Notices

Tropheus Tankmates Discussion of compatible Tropheus tankmates.

Old 01-01-2015
Mastiffman

::Profile::
Default WC Eretmodus Cyanostictus "Mpulungu"

Just wanted to post a quick video of these 2 pairs. They are all in the tank but I have only one of the females roaming free as the others got a little too aggressive with her.

I got them about 2.5 weeks ago from Greg and I'm very happy with their condition. They were sent out in a great condition as I asked for so I'm very appreciative about that!

They are all doing well and once their month or so is up I will be moving them to larger tanks in the hopes of seeing them interact with one another. As right now the 20g tank that hey are in is to cramped to allow them to all be together...

The light from the window behind the tank was shining perfectly to light the tank completely so the video shows all natural lighting on them.

They are some beautiful little creatures. As always I feel blessed to have possession of them. Thanks Greg! Nice work on the improvements of your acclimating process.

Anyway, here's the video. Not a whole lot to look at but you can really see the beauty of them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mastiffman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2015
GMfrontosa
Site Advisor

Keeping: Nothing at this time

They are really cool...i remember i bought 6 of them 1 DOA and the rest died within 2wks of having them...
Old 01-01-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfrontosa View Post
They are really cool...i remember i bought 6 of them 1 DOA and the rest died within 2wks of having them...
Yikes. Not good.

Thankfully these guys were hungry from day one and haven't stopped eating since and have out on a little weight since the third day of QT. They were in nice condition though out of the bag.

From my experience, if they look really boney when you get them, they will most likely not make it. But if they are healthy and active out of the bag with good weight on them they are good to go.

One thing that I've also started doing was using a product by Kordon called "fish protector". It adds a triple thick layer of slime coat to their body which is huge being that stress thins their mucus coating and with polymer colloids to aid in medication adhesion to their body as well as having both Vitamin B12 and Echinacea in it to boost their immune system while also calming them own. This stuff can be used every day for a week straight and really helps to lesson the effects of shipping stress.
Old 01-02-2015
Troyale

Keeping: WC Nkonde, F1 Red Ndole, WC/F1 Bulu Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post

One thing that I've also started doing was using a product by Kordon called "fish protector". It adds a triple thick layer of slime coat to their body which is huge being that stress thins their mucus coating and with polymer colloids to aid in medication adhesion to their body as well as having both Vitamin B12 and Echinacea in it to boost their immune system while also calming them own. This stuff can be used every day for a week straight and really helps to lesson the effects of shipping stress.
Yep, definitely some good stuff. I used it everytime i have ship fish the last 2 1/2 years and havent had any loses.(knock on wood). I also use it when im doing major tank maintenance or baggging up fish to help reduce the stress i cause rounding them up.
Old 01-02-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyale View Post
Yep, definitely some good stuff. I used it everytime i have ship fish the last 2 1/2 years and havent had any loses.(knock on wood). I also use it when im doing major tank maintenance or baggging up fish to help reduce the stress i cause rounding them up.
OH that's good to hear! I was debating doing this but wanted to do a test run here at the house first.

Thanks for the info!

P.S. How are those little ones coming along?
Old 01-02-2015
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

Glad you like them man.
Mastiffman (01-02-2015)
Old 01-02-2015
Mastiffman

Definitely!

I've missed my other 2 pairs of Bulu Point red. Sold them to a friend and have only a large male Kipili from you who is very cool looking. Will ahve to get a video fo him up soon. He's every bit of 4.5"+ now.
Old 01-03-2015
cricket355

Keeping: Pemba orange flame

Hi,
OK I am pretty jealous. Erets. are amazing and I am not exaggerating.

Cricket
Old 01-03-2015
Mastiffman

I agree! I'm really partial to eretmodus as well! Even the dull ones are still pretty darn cool with their overall demeanor... but the extra color on some is awesome!
Old 02-12-2015
Mastiffman

Just wanted to share an updated video of one of the two pairs... Moved out a pair into a 180g and when I released the male of these two, they formed a good bond within a couple/few hours. Been doing well since. Tons of Natural Sunlight coming in the tank and they looked great. Had to get them recorded in it.

Beautiful little gobies! Thanks again Greg....

Enjoy...