Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition

Notices

Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Tropheus diseases, general health, nutrition and water conditions.

Old 11-25-2013
SunnyHouTX

::Profile::

I do two day continuous water changes sometimes... Hook up an overflow to the sump and stick the hose from the carbon filter into the tank after temp matching. Amazing what it'll do to a colony.
The Following User Says Thank You to SunnyHouTX For This Useful Post:
Toneloc (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013
JimA

::Profile::
Keeping: Red Rainbows inda house

I do the something similar. I have 2 rv hoses one hooked to the sink the other out the window. Once the water gets down a couple of inches, I turn the incoming on, match temp but just a bit cooler and monitor as it goes. While filling I use the output hose to suck out any poo where I see any piling up. I can then just have water coming in and water going out at almost the same rate. I can also use the incoming water and use it like a jet nozzle forcing any poo in the rocks and what not out with the end of the hose. The fish seem to dig it but many run and hide till I am done. I can do this for at least 30 to 40 min till I start running out of warm water. I don't think it's a 100% water change, and I don't know how you would figure that out unless you measured how much comes out of the tank.. Sometimes I just let water flow out and water come in if the tank doesn't need a good cleaning.

Being on a well, I don't really have to worry about the water coming in which is nice.. I do this maybe every couple of weeks or so, normally I just do a 30 to 40% change if that..