Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion

Notices

Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion Share and discuss pictures of your Tropheus and aquariums.

Old 10-04-2013
PHunKyPHiShMaN

::Profile::
Keeping: moops

Thank you all for the positive comments! I appreciate it. Still gotta give the credit to John for supplying such a beautiful colony!

As for the not so positive comments... (Mr. Johnson *cough cough*)... As the saying goes, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I will respect that. But a simple "I prefer my tanks to look like "x" would've been just fine. There was no need to be disrespectful and say my tank looks like a$$.

As hobbyists, we all invest good money and time towards keeping our fish. And we all have our own preferences of how we want our tanks to look. Most importantly, we take great pride and joy in doing so. Therefore, please respect that fact. I could let this situation get ugly and start name calling and all sorts of that junk, but I wont go down that road cuz I'm better than that.

We are all part of this forum for the knowledge and support from other fellow hobbyists who also love and keep the same fish. I don't want people to be afraid to share their pics or videos of thir fish because of the potential negative comments. I hope his comments doesn't discourage other members from sharing their pride and joy!
Old 10-04-2013
moganman

Fish are beautiful. If you like it that's all that matters. They remind me of the kalambo I had. Did u get them as fry or adults?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
PHunKyPHiShMaN (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013
PHunKyPHiShMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnson View Post
Fo sho, this the interweb.

I don't get worked up about anything.

You asked a question and I wanted to be responsive.

It's like all the comments about "nice looking tank" when the tank really looks like @$$

If people post pictures asking opinions, I'm think it's only fair to be responsive to them and tell them their tank is ugly.
Actually... Speaking of that @$$ comment... There are plenty of nice @$$e$ out there. Just depends on who's @$$ ur looking at! Lol

I'd like to think that when you said my tank looked like @$$... You really meant it in the way of... "daaaaaaaaaammmmnnn... That's a fine @$$ looking tank!"
The Following User Says Thank You to PHunKyPHiShMaN For This Useful Post:
Mr. Johnson (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013
PHunKyPHiShMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by moganman View Post
Fish are beautiful. If you like it that's all that matters. They remind me of the kalambo I had. Did u get them as fry or adults?
Thank you! Yea.. Those guys are beauties! Got them from John (TroPhish) as adults in the middle of the summer. One of the females finally held for me for the first time after a couple months of battling high temps. I'm hoping she holds to term. Plan on just letting her spit in the tank. I like the looks of having a big colony chillin with their offspring
Old 10-04-2013
stacyhaney

Keeping: Peacocks, WC Mikula Fronts

Very nice!
Old 10-04-2013
Mr. Johnson

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Johnson

Quote:
Why is your scape like that?
Quote:
Nothing wrong with it.

It just looks unnatural from the videos I see of the lake.

Plus, it's an ugly scape but that's just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHunKyPHiShMaN View Post
Thank you all for the positive comments! I appreciate it. Still gotta give the credit to John for supplying such a beautiful colony!

As for the not so positive comments... (Mr. Johnson *cough cough*)... As the saying goes, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I will respect that. But a simple "I prefer my tanks to look like "x" would've been just fine. There was no need to be disrespectful and say my tank looks like a$$.

As hobbyists, we all invest good money and time towards keeping our fish. And we all have our own preferences of how we want our tanks to look. Most importantly, we take great pride and joy in doing so. Therefore, please respect that fact. I could let this situation get ugly and start name calling and all sorts of that junk, but I wont go down that road cuz I'm better than that.

What do you mean why "let this situation get ugly and start name calling? Why do you even feel the need to state this?

We are all part of this forum for the knowledge and support from other fellow hobbyists who also love and keep the same fish. I don't want people to be afraid to share their pics or videos of thir fish because of the potential negative comments. I hope his comments doesn't discourage other members from sharing their pride and joy!
For the records, I never said your tank look like "@ss". I said your scape looks ugly. And that's just my opinion. Sorry if you got your feelings hurt.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I'm sure a lot of people think my scapes are ugly too. IHMO, I think if we pride ourselves on keeping "WC" fish why not do them the justice of keeping them as close to their natural environment?

I "try" to do a biotope set-up for all my fishes....

With all that said, you too are entitled to your opinion, I respectfully disagree with it.