Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tankmates

Notices

Tropheus Tankmates Discussion of compatible Tropheus tankmates.

Old 08-21-2013
Mastiffman

::Profile::

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeT View Post
Looks like a hybrid.I never seen one like this before...Where did these come from ?

A Local Breeder as the tank was getting dominated by an alpha male and figured that I would rescuse this one alone with a Male that looked more like your photo. BUt once I got them home I noticed this female looked Different. I no longer have the male as he got himself stuck in a Barnacle and died before I dwas able to even notice that he was stuck.

I was kind of thinking this was the case. A Hybrid. Someone told me that it kind of looks like a Chituta?
Old 08-21-2013
LakeT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
A Local Breeder as the tank was getting dominated by an alpha male and figured that I would rescuse this one alone with a Male that looked more like your photo. BUt once I got them home I noticed this female looked Different. I no longer have the male as he got himself stuck in a Barnacle and died before I dwas able to even notice that he was stuck.

I was kind of thinking this was the case. A Hybrid. Someone told me that it kind of looks like a Chituta?
That's nice of you mastiff . Those barnacles could be a pain. But yeah... It looks like it has a little bit of chaitika & Mwela or Chaitika & Muzi...who knows....I think all tangs all great, i've came across and bred some cool ones, lepids,Alto,cyps,Neos,sand sifters,troph, & Still working on some more, it never stops!
Old 08-27-2013
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeT View Post
That's nice of you mastiff . Those barnacles could be a pain. But yeah... It looks like it has a little bit of chaitika & Mwela or Chaitika & Muzi...who knows....I think all tangs all great, i've came across and bred some cool ones, lepids,Alto,cyps,Neos,sand sifters,troph, & Still working on some more, it never stops!
Yeah It does seem like that doesn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcunningham0295 View Post
Very cool.
Thanks, did you get my PM about the Chimba?
Old 05-11-2015
Mastiffman

Latest spawn from this pair was over 65+...

There looks to be about 60-65 in there now and all seem to be thriving.

Latest video of them. they are little bigger now.

Old 05-12-2015
dannyt

Keeping: 72 gal bowfront 22 F1 Mpulungu are in da house!!

Cool little guys Are they separated from the parents then? How do you remove them to their growout tank, siphon?
Old 05-12-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyt View Post
Cool little guys Are they separated from the parents then? How do you remove them to their growout tank, siphon?
Nope. Just the mother is in with them now. What I do is wait until she starts coming out of her shell. Then I take the whole shell, which she usually ducts into really quick, and then place her into a tank of the main tanks water and let them come out of the shell on their own. That usually happens over night when they are ready. No fry in the tank one day and then next morning they are scattered throughout the tank.
Old 05-12-2015
dannyt

Cool man, cheers. The only shellies I have kept are multi's. So much fun to watch the multiple generations interact with eachother Do calvus do the multi-generation community also?
Old 05-12-2015
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyt View Post
Cool man, cheers. The only shellies I have kept are multi's. So much fun to watch the multiple generations interact with eachother Do calvus do the multi-generation community also?

I have some really nice WC Ocellatus "Isanga" pairs from Greg that doing great! Don't have them in with anything other than some Murago fry at this point. But they are cool. One male was a little thin when I got but he looks great now. Just kept the tank on a regular routine of weekly clean water, low stress and good food and he's back to 100%. They're delicate to from what I understand so he did a nice job Importing them.

I haven't let the Calvus get to that point as I have my Pair in a 6fter with my Ikola and WC Tretacephalus that I also got recently from Greg... which are also doing very well but have yet to spawn. So I haven't put the Calvus in a tank of their own. Might not. I like them in with the Ikola.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mastiffman For This Useful Post:
dannyt (05-12-2015)
Old 06-30-2015
Mastiffman

Current video of these little guys and gals. Doing very with momma in their tank... Will be moving momma back to the main tank soon.

About a 7 week update.

Old 06-30-2015
dannyt

lookin good bro...cute lil' blokes