Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

Old 03-21-2013
noinoi24

::Profile::
Keeping: 8 red moliros, 8 ikolas, 9 demasoni's, 4 pemba all in a 60 gallon tank. most about 2.5 inches

Very impressive WC ilangi... Congrats!
Old 03-21-2013
jimmyinthejungle

Keeping: 50 f1 ilangi

Very nice
Old 03-21-2013
dirt4949

Keeping: Chilambo,bemba,kaiserII,Green Murago,Brown Murago

The divers in Africa the (exporters) can catch the red ones or the yellow ones you grease there palms a little you get the good ones hence the price here $35i to $45you Greg with the real deal illangi $65 real simple .why do the europeans always get the good stuff or the exotic fish they pay more money.
Old 03-21-2013
dirt4949

Keeping: Chilambo,bemba,kaiserII,Green Murago,Brown Murago

The red ones are still Illangi does anyone on here know why they are coming in more red than yellow? They are starting to cross breed with chilanga in the wild due to there close proximity.I have sime of the red illangi still a gorgeous fish just doesnt have the awesome yellow sides.
Old 03-21-2013
Josef

I'm getting such a freaking headache from this thread!

A while back ago a very famous and published African cichlid collector already said there are plenty Ilangi in the Lake and available.

The problem is not the Lake or Ilangi - the freagan problem is the people doing the selling!

If you want to pay top dollar just contact the correct people and you will have cough cough real Ilangi!

Good for you OP you have Ilangi in your tank - awesome and way to go cowboy

I bet if I offered Greg or for that matter any vendor like $80 per fish - I'll have real yellow at my door step within two weeks. Greg I'll see you when I hit the Lotto baby

There was a certain vendor who is no longer in the business that was selling fry by the tons - those people who bought his juvies all have "red" Ilangi I happen to buy a colony from a fella last year - I've sold them since then and have moved on.

For the record - I don't care about REAL so if I post again in this forum - please, please don't bother me about REAL. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
longdrag (03-22-2013)
Old 03-21-2013
moganman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef View Post
I'm getting such a freaking headache from this thread!

A while back ago a very famous and published African cichlid collector already said there are plenty Ilangi in the Lake and available.

The problem is not the Lake or Ilangi - the freagan problem is the people doing the selling!

If you want to pay top dollar just contact the correct people and you will have cough cough real Ilangi!

Good for you OP you have Ilangi in your tank - awesome and way to go cowboy

I bet if I offered Greg or for that matter any vendor like $80 per fish - I'll have real yellow at my door step within two weeks. Greg I'll see you when I hit the Lotto baby

There was a certain vendor who is no longer in the business that was selling fry by the tons - those people who bought his juvies all have "red" Ilangi I happen to buy a colony from a fella last year - I've sold them since then and have moved on.

For the record - I don't care about REAL so if I post again in this forum - please, please don't bother me about REAL. lol
Seems like a lot of things give you a headache lol.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
gw12269 (03-21-2013), TylerB (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013
Josef

Quote:
Originally Posted by moganman View Post
Seems like a lot of things give you a headache lol.
LOL not really - I'm a drama king
Old 03-21-2013
gonefishingaquatics

Update

All ilangi are doing well, swimming actively and eating aggresively. Just yesterday I saw a pair trying to breed and when I came up to the tank they all stop what they were doing and came up to the tank. Thats why i love tropheus and petros, no fish can match their puppy like personality. I only had them for a couple of days and they already know me and want food. It wont be long until these guys breed, I have a lot of luck breeding tropheus rather then petros.

I have over 40-50 Duboisi maswa fry and 5 female mpimbwe tropheus holding.

Troph mpimbwe, namansi reef, duboisi maswa, malasa island

cyprichromis leptosoma kitumba, Cyatopharynx foai Mbita, callochromis melanostigma, benthochromis tricoti, cyphotilapia gibberosa moba, Placidochromis Phenochilus Tanzania, gnathochromis perximillaris

Tanks: 360, 150, 135, 125, 125, 90(reef), 55, 55, 20, 20
Old 03-21-2013
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

Sorry been busy with the new import. Ok, first glad your enjoying them Pheth and glad I could get them to you. Secondingly, all this back and forth and real, not real all I can tell you is my exp. as a direct importer and my talks with the exporter and Africa. Going back a couple years and before I was getting amazing Ilangi Yellow in, no problems, than about a year or more we started seeing these Ilangi with reds and orange color. It is my opinion that Chilanga right next to Ilangi have moved in some. Ilangi are fished pretty hard and im sure if theres some nice grazing area open the Chilanga next store are more than happy to graze it and have seen Chilanga mixed in with Ilangi going way back, but use to be just a few. Now their both there, similar enough why not make some love. This could be where we are getting are nice orange color. Now the past year I got in these orange version, beautiful, but not the fish I ordered. Sometimes I would get them in with some war paint on the jaw area, not Ilangi trait. So after import after import of the orange color, even though I was complaining about it and saying I need the Yellow I stopped importing them. This last import is the first tiem I have ordered them in the past 4-5 imports. I simply told them no thanks, dont need anymore orange ones and I wont be ordering them anymore. Well after that and my refusing the boxes to me we discussed going after the real ones, hand picking just yellows out for me. You see the results. The problem is the US is low in the pecking order to Europe and others. I am working on that and think I have made great strides to get the fish we in the past would rarely see here and the new fish and its still a work in progress and I wont stop until we are near the top. Before I confirmed the past import and the real Ilangi, I was told they had handpicked them for me and they were the yellow and they were. I will do my best to continue to get the yellows and get us away from the orange, thats all I can do is try. Im just glad after the US had some few the past year that I was able to get some in. Hopefully more will follow.
gonefishingaquatics (03-21-2013), MrFlow (03-21-2013), waterdog (07-01-2013)
Old 03-21-2013
TrophAddict

Keeping: WC Chaitika, WC Nkonde, WC Moba II

great job greg, keep fighting for the amazing fish. But i appreciate that you dont bring it in every import, the population needs to increase in the lake