Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion

Notices

Tropheus Photo Gallery Discussion Share and discuss pictures of your Tropheus and aquariums.

Old 10-31-2011
kingtroph

::Profile::

I have kept a group of Frontosas all by themselves (20 fish) before. All they did was hiding all day. Now I keep one Moba about six inches with my hyperactive Malawi Hap tank. He's out and about all day and genuinely seems happy. I think other species of fish do make the fronts feeling more comfortable. I don't know which environment they prefer but they're definitely more active in a mixed tank.
Old 10-31-2011
Au Alum

i am no cypho expert by any means but i think they prefer to be in colonies and with fish with similar temperament. but by no means am i saying that they can't be happy and thrive in a mixed tank.

Also IMO the darkness doesn't necessarily mean he feels uncomfortable. Sometimes I come home and i find my Kitumba are so dark that i can barely see their stripes, but 10 mins later he is full of color and looking great. Some just seem to be darker than others.

just my 2 cents... BTW what kind of filtration do you have on that tank, I bet it is pretty serious.

Last edited by Au Alum; 10-31-2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: poor grammer
Old 11-01-2011
dylz

Keeping: MOOPS

that coloration on burundi type fronts is normal.
Old 11-01-2011
Floridagirl

Keeping: F1 Tropheus Ikola

That is what makes this hobby so personalized. I look at that tank and totally stress out, because of the mismash of fish that don't "go" together to my eye, and the potential of stress induced disease. You love the color.

I sit for hours and watch the fish interaction in my Biotope tanks, trying to recreate what may go on in the lake, as much as can be done in a 120gallon tank..lol. You probably would think it's boring and bland colors.

To each, their own...

Last edited by Floridagirl; 11-02-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-02-2011
dylz

Keeping: MOOPS

its really kool to the everyday person, im sure it blows peoples minds left and right, but to a veteran hobbyist it could come off a bit random. then again im big into species tanks.