Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Petrochromis & Simochromis Talk

Notices

Petrochromis & Simochromis Talk General discussion of Petrochromis and Simochromis.

Old 03-25-2011
dww-law

::Profile::

I decided to move my Petro's to a different tank. The first reason being that my alpha Moshi Mahale started to claim the whole 265 gallon show tank. The second reason is I am making room for my arriving Moba Gibberosa Colony. My goal was to crowd the Petro's a little more without buying more Petro's. I also went rock hunting and got vary large boulders to create caves and break up the line of sight. I took my 180 pre-drilled tank and added a 300 gallon rated wet/dry. I hard drilled for an FX5 with two inputs and two outputs (Lots of Flow). The return pumps in the 300 gallon flows at 1400 GPH with 4 outlets so water is flowing good. The Baby Bulu's have spent most of the day swimming in the currents. The alpha Moshi as adopted the left cave along with the alpha female. He is not going agro on everyone the way he was in the 265. Anyway, here is a few pictures:

Old 03-25-2011
tepei22

Beautiful looking tanks as usual Don!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dww-law @ Mar 25 2011, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
I decided to move my Petro's to a different tank. The first reason being that my alpha Moshi Mahale started to claim the whole 265 gallon show tank. The second reason is I am making room for my arriving Moba Gibberosa Colony. My goal was to crowd the Petro's a little more without buying more Petro's. I also went rock hunting and got vary large boulders to create caves and break up the line of sight. I took my 180 pre-drilled tank and added a 300 gallon rated wet/dry. I hard drilled for an FX5 with two inputs and two outputs (Lots of Flow). The return pumps in the 300 gallon flows at 1400 GPH with 4 outlets so water is flowing good. The Baby Bulu's have spent most of the day swimming in the currents. The alpha Moshi as adopted the left cave along with the alpha female. He is not going agro on everyone the way he was in the 265. Anyway, here is a few pictures:

[/b]

WC Tropheus Ikola
WC Tropheus Duboisi Maswa
Old 03-26-2011
swk

Just continue to watch him. The aggression will probably return once he feels "at home" again in the new tank. Great looking tank. How big of a moba colony are you going to put in your 265?
Old 03-26-2011
dww-law

I am starting with 2 males and 7 females. In the next few months I will add some more. I will probably max out at 15-18.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(swk @ Mar 25 2011, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Just continue to watch him. The aggression will probably return once he feels "at home" again in the new tank. Great looking tank. How big of a moba colony are you going to put in your 265?[/b]
Old 03-26-2011
fisker

I think that wouldn`t work for time to add Moshies and Red Bulus

fisker
Old 03-26-2011
dww-law

Actually they work quite well together as Petro's tend to be aggressive with their own variant. The Moshi's and Bulu's have been together for awhile. They ignore each other for the most part. The Alpha Moshi always ignores the Bulu's. He claims the whole tank for himself and constantly goes after the six females and the beta male Moshi. Both species breed in the tank. In fact, I posted a string and photographs where the Alpha Bulu and Alpha Moshi were spawning near the same rock last week. However, the Bulu females have not held to term but two of the Moshi females have held to term (See me fry string)and two are holding now.
Old 03-26-2011
swk

[quote]
I am starting with 2 males and 7 females. In the next few months I will add some more. I will probably max out at 15-18.

WOW! That's going to be an impressive sight!
Old 03-26-2011
dww-law

I would have gotten more Moba's to start with but the wife said "More fish are you kidding me." I told her it was her favorite blue fish so she said "Okay." Did not want to push my luck.
Old 03-26-2011
gjeronimol

Send a message via Yahoo to gjeronimol

Nice hope my tank will look as nice as yours hope to post soon !