Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 02-21-2010
FJR1300

::Profile::

I finally set up two new tanks today!

Tank 1- 140 gallon 4' with built in overflows. Have two mag 9.5's running wet/dry. Also have the good old aquaclear 110. Tried to keep it clean and simple. Just have two mounds of holy rock. Will add a cup or two of pool sand, just because I often see my other Troph's picking the substrate up and spitting it out.

Tank 2 - 170 gallon "L" tank with custom stand. Had a Millwork guy I know "skin" the stand in cherry wood. They also built a custom cherry canopy. Looks awesome, but was not cheap. It is definitely a pice of furniture. The tank has two bulkheads on the bottom of tank. I'm running two big boys on it-2262's. So, the guy I bought if from is suppose to come out and aquascape it for Troph's and run grey PVC supply from pumps for a spray bar in the same "L" as the tank.

So, filled them both up today and started to cycle them. I used good old Seachem's Stability and rinsed some sponges in established tanks. Should be good to go soon. Will watch water parameters and put some food in there to keep the bacteria "fed".

So, now it is just a matter of time until my new fish get here. Bought some from a sponsor on this forum. Hopefully, should be here in a few weeks!

Just a few comments-this is my first time with Eheim's 2262. So far, I like it. With the bulkheads on the return, no priming necessary and it certainly pumps out a bunch ot water. It is quite too. I have two FX5's that have been in use now for several months. My initial reaction is they are close in terms of ease of use. I like the FX5's cover and media baskets a lot. Real easy to maintain. The FX5 pump itself, not the same quality as the Eheim's pump. I do like the canister of FX5 better. So, we shall see. Eheim's 2262 is not cheap, FX5 does a good job and is a lot less $. Only time will tell which one I will like in the long run.

Yes, will post pics once fish come in and are settled in.
Old 02-21-2010
1oscar

::Profile::

sounds cool! awaiting pics