Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 04-08-2013
Mastiffman

::Profile::

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerB View Post
Thanks but I'm in Philadelphia not Texas lol. Regardless it should be warm so I shouldn't need heaters. I will probably add a few air stones to be safe. Just wanted to make sure my filters would be ok since they won't be running for a few hours.
I agree, air stone poewred by Battery operated Pumps or a simple few hundred watt 12v powerinverter for your vehicle.

If I were you, I would poor tank water into a 5gal bucket wioth a lid and put all of the media from your FX5's in there and use a an airstone also. Just to ensure. I've heard BB can survive 24 hours in stagnant water that has oxygen but may as well play it safe. If you don't "Have to" risk your BB colony, then why risk it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfrontosa View Post
these are some good points/suggestions, how about if you moving to different states let say 24-36 hrs drive?
I would prepare and pack these guys as If they were being Shipped through a 48 hour trip... Just my Opinion.. Box and everything. Or get a Good In Car Setup for FIltration, Heating and All. But Boxing up for shipping may be easier.

Might want to ask Greg about this. He's definetely got it all downto a science.
Old 04-08-2013
GMfrontosa
Site Advisor

::Profile::
Keeping: Nothing at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
I agree, air stone poewred by Battery operated Pumps or a simple few hundred watt 12v powerinverter for your vehicle.

If I were you, I would poor tank water into a 5gal bucket wioth a lid and put all of the media from your FX5's in there and use a an airstone also. Just to ensure. I've heard BB can survive 24 hours in stagnant water that has oxygen but may as well play it safe. If you don't "Have to" risk your BB colony, then why risk it?

I would prepare and pack these guys as If they were being Shipped through a 48 hour trip... Just my Opinion.. Box and everything. Or get a Good In Car Setup for FIltration, Heating and All. But Boxing up for shipping may be easier.

Might want to ask Greg about this. He's definetely got it all downto a science.
OK...thanks Andrew for the info...yeah just asking coz the question already came up and I would like to know as well...this is the reason why I can't commit for some more fish that i would like to get...just being in the military you know we constantly moving around I just want to know how to transfer them when its time for me to move..I dont want to sell them after raising them from fry you know what i mean you get attached to them my thought was put them in a 5 gal bucket with air pump but i dont know if that is sufficient but i guess i'll find out when the time comes...