Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition

Notices

Tropheus Disease, Health and Nutrition Discussion of Tropheus diseases, general health, nutrition and water conditions.

Old 11-03-2012
rhickman

::Profile::
Keeping: Currently DRY :'(
Default Moving TIME !!!!

Hey everyone,

so my parents have found a new house and we are moving in the next few days. I have 2 5 foot troph tanks and 1 4 foot tank troph tank that I need to move. Not really sure how to do it because we have a certain time restraint on when we need to be out of this house and into the new house. Im leaving the substrate in and all the sponges are going to be majorly cycled. I was thinking of buying a few Home Depot 5 gal pales and filling 4 or 5 of them up and using them to fill part of the tank and moving the fish. That way I have a lot bacteria left over and it should feel like a BIG water change yknow? Anyone who has done the same and had a decent experience, please gimme some input I really dont wanna lose my fish.

Thanks everyone,

Rick
Old 11-03-2012
kyfront33

::Profile::
Keeping: More then I should be

As stated above, if u can get the filters going within a hour or so you should be fine, or as long as the temps dont go way down, and try to keep them wet obviously. I also own a few AA battery operated airpumps to keep water moving, great for buckets, they are like 7-8 at petsmart. Also just be careful of when adding the fish when u get the tank up and running again that the temps in the buckets and in the tank dont vary by much! That would be my biggest worry!