Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 05-03-2011
cnapierala

::Profile::

Thinking of getting a new tank to replace the one i have now that is scratched and old looking. Id be getting the exact same size tank. Question is will this be tough on the fish? I have only had this group of Trophs in the tank for around a month and it is a small group of fish so i have had some concerns with agression. They seem to be ok now and will be ever better after i get my Koralia in tomorrow.
I can always get the tank and wait a while if needed and its a good enough deal but wanted to get some advice. I think the entire transfer would take around 1 hour. I have a 20gallon tank i could squish them into for the move.
Old 05-03-2011
Kewl_front

They should be fine, as long as you don't sperate them too long or add any new fish.
Old 05-03-2011
JkdJedi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cnapierala @ May 3 2011, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Thinking of getting a new tank to replace the one i have now that is scratched and old looking. Id be getting the exact same size tank. Question is will this be tough on the fish? I have only had this group of Trophs in the tank for around a month and it is a small group of fish so i have had some concerns with agression. They seem to be ok now and will be ever better after i get my Koralia in tomorrow.
I can always get the tank and wait a while if needed and its a good enough deal but wanted to get some advice. I think the entire transfer would take around 1 hour. I have a 20gallon tank i could squish them into for the move.[/b]
Plan on transferring the water as well if you can. The more of the original water you can transfer the better.
Old 05-03-2011
Kewl_front

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JkdJedi @ May 3 2011, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cnapierala @ May 3 2011, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quote:
I can always get the tank and wait a while if needed and its a good enough deal but wanted to get some advice. I think the entire transfer would take around 1 hour. I have a 20gallon tank i could squish them into for the move.[/b]
Plan on transferring the water as well if you can. The more of the original water you can transfer the better.
[/b][/quote]

Ditto on the water and same goes for the filter/filters.
Old 05-03-2011
cnapierala

It would be the same everything just in a new tank. Id even try to duplicate the rock pile locations. Filters would stay running in the temp tank and id transfer 20 gal of the water or so to the temp tank and then back in the new one.
Old 05-04-2011
Gene D

Keeping: Namansi I, Kambwimba

I hate to contradict some of the advice given but in order to make the move easier you could do without transferring the water. There is enough beneficial bacteria in the filter(s) and substrate to handle the bio load and condition the water. I upgraded from a 90 to 120 back in December in this way with no issues other than some slightly cloudy water from shifting the substrate. As well using fresh water will speed up the process and get the group into their new tank that much quicker vs. emptying water into and out of buckets.