Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 08-12-2010
MrBiggz

::Profile::

Hello,

I will be possibly moving my colony of 20 + kachese trophs from their 55 gallon tank to a 125 gallon tank that I may be freeing up this weekend. I will scape it with large river rocks, PFS, a blue background along with a few amazon sword plants that I picked up today. My question(s) is will they begin to fight again for position and should I expect any casualities? Also I have noticed 1 baby in the 55 gallon tank, so they are breeding, so should I see more breeding in the 125?

Thanks in advance,
Jason Green
Old 08-12-2010
raemaruk

Keeping: Tropheus Murago, Ilangi & Petrochromis Red Bulu Point

Catch them all at night whilst they're sleeping and transfer them. This has worked for me without any casualties.

move all the rocks and decorations out of your 55gal just before nightfall, give them a few hours after that, making sure no light is entering their tank. Get a suitable size bucket and fill with water from the tank they're in. Catch them and place in bucket, then transfer to new tank. This saves making several trips with one or two fish in the net and also speeds up the process.The whole process should not take more than 3mins if done correctly. That way they wouldn't wake up until the folowing morning in their new environment, so no stress whatsoever.

Good luck

Rae
Old 08-13-2010
JkdJedi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(raemaruk @ Aug 12 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Catch them all at night whilst they're sleeping and transfer them. This has worked for me without any casualties.

move all the rocks and decorations out of your 55gal just before nightfall, give them a few hours after that, making sure no light is entering their tank. Get a suitable size bucket and fill with water from the tank they're in. Catch them and place in bucket, then transfer to new tank. This saves making several trips with one or two fish in the net and also speeds up the process.The whole process should not take more than 3mins if done correctly. That way they wouldn't wake up until the folowing morning in their new environment, so no stress whatsoever.

Good luck

Rae[/b]
If this was Facebook I'd click the "I Like" button! Thanks Rae! MrBiggs can we get some photos of the before and after :camera: , would sure like to see how it all turns out.