Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Talk

Notices

Tropheus Talk Discussion of Tropheus in general.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2014
Mudduck

::Profile::
Keeping: F1 Green Murago Tropheous
Default Hello everyone! I got a 135 gallon tank from my buddy need advice!

2008-2010 I had a 125 gallon and purchased a group of Chilanga from Greg that had soooo many fry i had to start giving them away there was 4 males 12 females….. I sold them and purchased a group of Ikola from Greg and they had quite a few fry but as with life i lost a lot in a divorce and have been getting back on my feet for some time! Just last week it hit me, I miss my Tropheus and my fish tank!!!!! I first started looking at getting a 55 or a 75 then maybe a 90 and things started getting out of hand fast this is when i got a call from my good buddy that has a nice near new 135 gallon tank with built in Oceanic sump nice top lights stand etc……. He has kept two red belly piranha in it for couple of years with zero issues and decided he would sell it complete to me for $400!!!! My plan is to get it tomorrow, set it up keep the piranha until i can sell them and in the next few weeks make a purchase with Greg for a nice group of Trophs!!!!! Questions i have for you guys are I have never owned a real sump before just been a hang on back guy 4(emp 400) on my old set up and worked great….. This sump looks to be 30 gallon or more and is an oceanic one very nice will this be plenty for a colony of trophs say 20-30?? What all needs to be done once the current piranhas are sold to get things ready for the trophs? I will have plenty more question and pics and can't wait to get this going again!! Thanks to everyone in advance!! CD