Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 12-31-2013
Mastiffman

::Profile::

Quote:
Originally Posted by swk View Post
We will have to agree to disagree on this one. Somethings wrong if I have to depend on my ribbed tubing being part of my "bio media" lol
LOL, Oh no, I'm just saying when comparing the Bio Surface and load capabilities of Canister hoses in general. Not that it's necessary to have proper filtration. But if you're going to choose and don't have the capabilities of greater volumes of Bio Media, ribbed hose will help more than plan tubing hose.

Why do always seem to have such differing opinions Sean?
Old 01-01-2014
noddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
LOL, Oh no, I'm just saying when comparing the Bio Surface and load capabilities of Canister hoses in general. Not that it's necessary to have proper filtration. But if you're going to choose and don't have the capabilities of greater volumes of Bio Media, ribbed hose will help more than plan tubing hose.

Why do always seem to have such differing opinions Sean?
I must admit mastiff, when you wrote "ribbed hoses are far superior to smooth rubber hoses", I assumed it was a typo and you meant to say "inferior". For the record, I have seven Eheim canisters running and never have this issue. I wonder if this only happens with the cheaper canisters?
Old 01-01-2014
JimA

Keeping: Red Rainbows inda house

After I clean my canisters and before turning on I put a fish net over the out put, works really well. Be harder with a spray bar but I suppose you could unhook it for a few.
What's odd to add to the conversation, only the 2 returns with smooth interior hoses spit the stuff out, the FX5 doesn't...