Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Trophs.com Info > Announcements

Notices

Announcements Important news and information about Trophs.com

Old 04-02-2014
Mastiffman

::Profile::

Thanks everyone! Good to be back!

Glad you are liking those Maswa Kurt! they are some nice Tropheus!

Sorry I haven't been real active in the last couple of days. Have afew repairs on our only vehicle and had to take it to the trans shop to get the trans rebuilt, then to suspension shop to get a spring, couple of ball joints and Rear Wheel bearing replaced. Expensive week coming up for sure. But will be on as much as I can to help out.
Old 04-02-2014
kyfront33

Keeping: More then I should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Thanks everyone! Good to be back!

Glad you are liking those Maswa Kurt! they are some nice Tropheus!

Sorry I haven't been real active in the last couple of days. Have afew repairs on our only vehicle and had to take it to the trans shop to get the trans rebuilt, then to suspension shop to get a spring, couple of ball joints and Rear Wheel bearing replaced. Expensive week coming up for sure. But will be on as much as I can to help out.

Sounds like a volvo
Old 04-02-2014
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyfront33 View Post
Sounds like a volvo

Nope. FORD! lol

Trans 3rd gear has a bad habit of blowing out the 3rd gear Servo Piston chamber and either breaks the third gear clutch belt or just doesn't have enough hydrolic pressure to enguage the belt. COmmon problem that was never recalled. BUT, my buddy is going to use an OEM Rebuild kit and Bore out and install a sleeve to premenantly fix the Trans so that it's beeter than the OEMs. And were driving around a rental this week too.

That's life though.
Old 04-02-2014
noddy

I have no idea what's going on regarding the drama but, there's a reason I get a new F150 4x4 as soon as the warranty runs out ; )
Old 04-02-2014
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy View Post
I have no idea what's going on regarding the drama but, there's a reason I get a new F150 4x4 as soon as the warranty runs out ; )
Well this is the first major repair I've had to have done on it. I've done the Brakes and Rotors once. Typical Maintainence as well. So for being a 13 year old vehicle this fall it's still in good condition. It has about 105k miles on it too. And we haven't had a payment on it in 7 years. Can't beat that. If I had the tools and time I would have done the trans myself too.

But yes drama seems to be over.
Old 04-02-2014
noddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Well this is the first major repair I've had to have done on it. I've done the Brakes and Rotors once. Typical Maintainence as well. So for being a 13 year old vehicle this fall it's still in good condition. It has about 105k miles on it too. And we haven't had a payment on it in 7 years. Can't beat that. If I had the tools and time I would have done the trans myself too.

But yes drama seems to be over.
Sounds like you got a good one mate. I'm on my third since 2006. The last one was a lemon and this 2013 is a pig. I do like em though. Good to see you back bud.
Old 04-02-2014
Mastiffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddy View Post
Sounds like you got a good one mate. I'm on my third since 2006. The last one was a lemon and this 2013 is a pig. I do like em though. Good to see you back bud.
Actually the Transmission on these should last longer than this one did. But I'm thankful for it lasting as long as it did.

Not really a fn of Ford any longer. I've always been more a Chevy fan as my First vehicle was a 1985 S-10

Thanks!