Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > General Aquaria Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Off-Topic Discussion Discussion of anything not directly Tropheus related.

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2015
rufretic

::Profile::
Keeping: Kasanga, Maswa, Ulwile, Bulu point, Moops, Nkonde, Lufubu, Pemba

It's a sad loss for trophs but I understand both sides. I've personally had good experience with both Greg and Andrew. I wish it didn't have to go this way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:
JkdJedi (10-19-2015), LittleAfricaAquatics.com (10-19-2015)
Old 10-19-2015
dannyt

Keeping: 72 gal bowfront 22 F1 Mpulungu are in da house!!

kyfront33 you are correct in saying I am friends with Andrew. We became friends over the last 2 years since I moved here with my family from Australia. We became friends because of the factual information I shared in the initial post, as well as sharing the same faith in God, passion for fish keeping, and because of the kindness he has personally shown to me.

I didn't post the original with any intention other than saying it was a sad day. It is. I didn't say anything negative about Greg, or anyone else for that matter...or any of the other stuff that has since been shared because I have not personally experienced or been a part of any of that stuff. It would be hearsay, and therefore wrong for me have an opinion about such things.

In the original post I simply shared the truth from my experience. I am not so immature to believe that there is other no information, perhaps some factual, and definitely lots of assumptions, opinions & perceptions out there that surround the saga that has developed, but like I said, I just shared my thoughts and feelings based out of what I personally know about Andrew. It wasn't a dig at Greg or the site.

I have no interest in making assumptions, voicing accusations or getting involved in the flaming of any person or site. I personally don't know Greg except for a very rare interaction through post or PM regarding this or that fish, and 1 sale I made with LAA. The sale wasn't a good experience for me, as Greg would admit, but he responded quickly and rectified the situation in the way that I requested so I never went public. There was no need too.

So all that to say is, that whilst being Andrew's friend and being sympathetic to his feelings about what is going on, it is my style to only publicly share things I know and have personally experienced, always erring on the side of grace in my thoughts, feelings & actions towards people, and not getting into name calling, blaming or any sort of combative debate. Friends listen to and support each other. They don't necessarily even have to always agree with one another, but there is a grace & commitment to show compassion & support because that is what friends do. I am not saying publicly that I agree or disagree, I am saying that Andrew is my friend and I am his friend.

Like I said in an earlier paragraph, I have no agenda in the posting of this thread. Andrew didn't ask me to post it, nor did I "stick up for him" in the context of his banning. Just stated some facts as I know and have experienced them, as that is my prerogative on this "free speech" site.
Old 10-19-2015
dirt4949

Keeping: Chilambo,bemba,kaiserII,Green Murago,Brown Murago

I will say this i have had my issues with Greg that led to arguments ect also i had many discussions with Andrew both good and bad as well but i will say this as a whole we should be indebted to both Greg and this website so if we have questions and problems this forum provides a place for us to get answers from many people and that in itself makes this website worth its weight in gold alone and for that i say a big thank you to both Greg and everyone else that has given me and many more help when we truly needed it
The Following User Says Thank You to dirt4949 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2015
kyfront33

Keeping: More then I should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyt View Post
kyfront33 you are correct in saying I am friends with Andrew. We became friends over the last 2 years since I moved here with my family from Australia. We became friends because of the factual information I shared in the initial post, as well as sharing the same faith in God, passion for fish keeping, and because of the kindness he has personally shown to me.

I didn't post the original with any intention other than saying it was a sad day. It is. I didn't say anything negative about Greg, or anyone else for that matter...or any of the other stuff that has since been shared because I have not personally experienced or been a part of any of that stuff. It would be hearsay, and therefore wrong for me have an opinion about such things.

In the original post I simply shared the truth from my experience. I am not so immature to believe that there is other no information, perhaps some factual, and definitely lots of assumptions, opinions & perceptions out there that surround the saga that has developed, but like I said, I just shared my thoughts and feelings based out of what I personally know about Andrew. It wasn't a dig at Greg or the site.

I have no interest in making assumptions, voicing accusations or getting involved in the flaming of any person or site. I personally don't know Greg except for a very rare interaction through post or PM regarding this or that fish, and 1 sale I made with LAA. The sale wasn't a good experience for me, as Greg would admit, but he responded quickly and rectified the situation in the way that I requested so I never went public. There was no need too.

So all that to say is, that whilst being Andrew's friend and being sympathetic to his feelings about what is going on, it is my style to only publicly share things I know and have personally experienced, always erring on the side of grace in my thoughts, feelings & actions towards people, and not getting into name calling, blaming or any sort of combative debate. Friends listen to and support each other. They don't necessarily even have to always agree with one another, but there is a grace & commitment to show compassion & support because that is what friends do. I am not saying publicly that I agree or disagree, I am saying that Andrew is my friend and I am his friend.

Like I said in an earlier paragraph, I have no agenda in the posting of this thread. Andrew didn't ask me to post it, nor did I "stick up for him" in the context of his banning. Just stated some facts as I know and have experienced them, as that is my prerogative on this "free speech" site.
We are entitled to our own opinions and able to list our experiences with importers and other members. Its good for the hobby. And I agree with a lot of the stuff you have said. The only point I was trying to make is don't let yourself be deceived, sometimes we have friends which we become very close and we lose our abilities to think for ourselves and differentiate between what is right and wrong. He was also Greg's "close" friend, and yet you see how fast he turned on him when he didn't get what he wanted.
Andrew shared knowledge and information freely and gave some sound advice. We have all had different experiences in this hobby, And these fish can be trouble. I have 12 groups of Wild Tropheus and I have and still do lose fish. I have had groups for over a year that are happy and healthy and then out of nowhere lose one or 2. We stick to the same water change and food routine everyday/week. A lot of the blame is misplaced to the importers, when in fact it is not the importer but the hobbyist. That's why so many people have so much trouble with these fish. They are very sensitive.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyfront33 For This Useful Post:
JkdJedi (10-19-2015), LittleAfricaAquatics.com (10-19-2015)
Old 10-19-2015
JkdJedi

Old 10-19-2015
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

Guys let move on. I know everyone loves a good show, but I had already moved on when this post started. This post pretty much demanded a response from me so I gave one and I tried to keep it civil. After not responding to his emails he finally lost it and sent out a mass email trying to smear my name with libel statements and blatant name calling. Name calling after name calling, not very Christian or mature. Look, before him and before this site I have been here. Im now back for my second stint am going towards 10 years selling fish in this hobby. The first time I was right out of college and didn't think you could survive off of it, but the internet was still kind of new. You don't make it here when this is your only job for 10 years without a reason for success. In this mass email he attacks my name and my company that I have built from nothing. I will be dammed if I let someone that doesn't even work for a living tear my good name down and try to smear the name of my business I have busted my butt on. He was a Monday morning quarterback with none of the pressure or experience. Its easy to sit back and throw stones and give advice on something you have no experience on. The internet. I tried to move on but his emails and threats have crossed the line and im now looking into what can be done. Here though I would like to move on. You guys can come here when you want or not come, I have to, to see if its running, any issues, everyone is ok. Would you like to go to a place you had to, like a job with drama and this kind of stuff going on. I wouldn't. If he wants to beat me, ok, let him do it where it counts in the real world. Let him do what I do, import fish and make a name for himself doing it. Let his success be what takes me down, not this BS. Once again I have been back in business almost 10 years now ad I will be 10 more years from now. Alright I have to go call Africa, major time difference, I have to get details on the new import.
Old 10-19-2015
JkdJedi

I'd close this thread and not give the unwanted attention Andrew is looking for, I've sent him an email saying what I really thought about him and will not repeat it here, we don't really need to know what went about between the both of you, time will tell what is what. Both of you put us in the cross fire here. I'd like to remember this site as a pleasant one and not as grown men bickering over fish of all things.

Last edited by JkdJedi; 10-19-2015 at 04:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JkdJedi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2015
LittleAfricaAquatics.com
Trophs.com Owner Sponsor And Admin

Keeping: A lot
Send a message via MSN to LittleAfricaAquatics.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
I'd close this thread and not give the unwanted attention Andrew is looking for, I've sent him an email saying what I really thought about him and will not repeat it here, we don't really need to know what went about between the both of you, time will tell what is what. Both of you put us in the cross fire here. I'd like to remember this site as a pleasant one and not as grown men bickering over fish of all things.
I will close the thread but please remember I tried to move on. I was asked to respond to this post that I didn't create. Unfortunately people sometimes take silence as guilt. So I honored the request and explained the situation. I ignored his emails and threats until it crossed the line. Had this thread not been created I wouldn't have muttered his name again. What you may see as bickering at this point is me defending my company and my livelihood that I have built from the ground up against lies and attacks. Thank you for the pms, emails and support as always. I am sorry for you guys having to deal with this BS. Lets get back to it and enjoy the site!
Closed Thread