Home Forum Articles Sponsors Affiliates CP Map Chat FAQ TOS
Go Back   Trophs.com > Tropheus Forums > Tropheus Tanks & Equipment

Notices

Tropheus Tanks & Equipment Discussion of tanks, filters, heaters, lighting, UV and other equipment.

Old 01-15-2014
Danny372710

::Profile::
Keeping: WC kasakalawe/ WC duboisi maswa/ WC eretmodus cyanostictus
Default New wild caught kasakalawe scared of light any advice plz

Hi guys I got a new group of wild caught tropheus last week just wondering if anyone has experienced fish being scared of your lights all fish seem fine apart from one, I noticed yesterday it was missing from the colony so turned the lights off thinking it might be that and it came straight out but as soon as they went back on it hides behind a big rock pile in the centre of the tank, I have done this a couple of times now just to check it is the lights and this seems to be the problem, my lights are on a timer for six hours a day surely that can't be too long never had any problems with other groups I've had before. I unplugged one of the bulbs tonight just leaving the blue marine one on but hasn't seemed to make a difference any thoughts would be very grateful
Old 01-15-2014
Mastiffman

::Profile::

This is a new world for them. Just keep them on a consitent routine and they will be good to go. I found that regularly feeding them lightly after the light comes on will train them that the light is a good thing as it signals feeding time.

My Kalemie were freaked out a people in general when I first got them, now they are fine. Kept them ona routine and styaed by them regualrly, doing things as nmormal in the room. Now when I come into the room they rsuh to the front of the tank.

I recently put them in a newly resealed 110g right next to my deska 2 feet from my face and they are always at that corner by me now. WIll be differnet not seeing them when they go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mastiffman For This Useful Post:
Danny372710 (01-15-2014)