Trophs.com

Trophs.com (http://trophs.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tropheus Tankmates (http://trophs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Dubs and Sun Spots for a 75? (http://trophs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22970)

jonku77 02-17-2012 10:04 PM

Dubs and Sun Spots for a 75?
 
I just got a 75 and would like to have both duboisi and moorii mpulungu sunspots in it. I'll probably get fry or juvis, so the question is how many of each? Should I start out with like 12 or 15 for each group? Would the two groups do ok as they grow etc? Should I just stick to one type?

Thanks in Advance
Jon

electriceelcat 02-17-2012 11:08 PM

Get about 25 depending on filtration and water change routine and stick to one variant. Good luck.

supadave 02-18-2012 12:45 AM

I would stick with one varient and like stated above......I would get roughly 25 to 30 fry .

jonku77 02-18-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supadave (Post 180474)
I would stick with one varient and like stated above......I would get roughly 25 to 30 fry .

Thanks Guys, I'll take the advice and stick to one varient. As far as my plan, I'll be using a Fluval 406 and AC 110 and do 30 % weekly water changes.

So one more question, could I squeeze in some Cypirchromis leptosoma in there with a Tropheus group? I'm a frontosa guy and new to Trophs, I'm guessing 30+ fish may be a bit much but thought I'd ask.


-Jon

dogger99 04-27-2012 09:10 PM

why stick to one variant????

rhickman 04-27-2012 09:54 PM

Where are you getting your moops from?

supadave 04-27-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dogger99 (Post 183037)
why stick to one variant????

Mainly , because one of the groups will end up being the dominate group in the tank . Thus , making the other group the sub-dominate....which results in little to no breeding from the sub-dominate group . Also , the sub-dominate group usually won't display a great deal of color .

JkdJedi 04-28-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supadave (Post 183042)
Mainly , because one of the groups will end up being the dominate group in the tank . Thus , making the other group the sub-dominate....which results in little to no breeding from the sub-dominate group . Also , the sub-dominate group usually won't display a great deal of color .

+1!!!:thumbsup:

damba 04-28-2012 06:32 PM

Cyps may work well. I think that a group of dubs and moops would be good together as they are significantly different but i bow to people here with more experience. My dubs are in with tropheus black and both groups breed fine.
Tom

JkdJedi 04-28-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damba (Post 183067)
Cyps may work well. I think that a group of dubs and moops would be good together as they are significantly different but i bow to people here with more experience. My dubs are in with tropheus black and both groups breed fine.
Tom

What size tank are your Dubs in? I'd like to see photos of your tanks:D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.