PDA

View Full Version : Question: What type of Camera do you use to take Photos?

Mastiffman
02-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Hey Gang,

Just inquiring as to how many people use:

1. DSLR
2. Point and Shoot (Cameras and Smart Phone)
3. Have Both.

Please feel free to use the poll and discuss which one you use most or prefer.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

johnnymisty
02-10-2014, 07:05 PM
You forgot the most imortant camera the cell phone.....
I use that and a point an shoot but do have plans to get a dslr and learn how to use it in the future

rhickman
02-10-2014, 08:02 PM
D5100, and have access to a handful of lenses thanks to my brother being into photography more-so than myself. Used to shoot with a "bridge" camera, high end point and shoot, comparable to an entry level DSLR but doesnt have interchangeable lens capabilities. That was a Canon SX40, the new Canon, the SX50 I believe it is is a great bridge as well. Brother shoots with a D80, we both want D800's, Nikon for life :thumbsup:

PS at one point I had a Canon, but that ship has sailed ;)

Hungvanvo
02-10-2014, 08:04 PM
In fish Hobby I use I phone 5 because quick take and load pictures.
Personal and family pictures I use DSLR because better in zoom and focus on any angle. It cost time to learn for basic skill but when you get it, you will appreciate you DSLR camera for any pictures you take.

MrFlow
02-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Right now I use the iPhone 5 camera which is horrible for taking pics or videos of fish. Something about the way it regulates the lighting doesn't jive with aquarium lighting. However my wonderful wife has ordered me a canon t3 bundle and should be in next week!!!! Whoo hooo. If anyone needs the link to it let me know. It's a really good deal.

GMfrontosa
02-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Just have a point and shoot digital camera...maybe later down the line i will invest on some DSLR..

texchappy
02-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Voted DSLR because I have one and used it (actually it's predecessor) last time I had fish. This time I'm likely to use my Fuji X Pro 1 mirror less. I love it's files and it's really made photography fun for me again (for the first time since film - if it wasn't such a pain in the tuchas to get film developed I'd still be using my Nikon F2).

Mastiffman
02-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Nice responses Everyone.

Looks like there is a mix. No one with Both at this point.

So you with DSLR's just throw your P&S in can or give them away once you get the DSLR? lol

texchappy
02-10-2014, 11:57 PM
I have a few in a drawer next to my APS film cameras and Kodak 110 cameras lol.

johnnyblade
02-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Right now using a Iphone camera and a point and shoot,but they are not quick enough for quality fast moving shots.I need to get a DSLR and for this reason it is why i can't take good pics of my fish.

Mastiffman
02-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Fro that reason I try to snap the pic right as they stop moving to "look"...

Razzo
07-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Switched to a DSLR a few years ago and never looked back. So much more flexibility and creativity with a DSLR. My DSLR is an entry level. Really enjoy the learning. Looking forward to the day I get a full frame sensor DSLR.

With all that being said, I did enjoy my P&S before getting a DSLR. Shoot with what you got and have fun combining two hobbies into one: Cichlid keeping and photography.

Cheers,
Russ

rrraptor
07-28-2014, 11:07 AM
I have used my Samsung G3 in the past for pictures and videos. however I just received a nice gift in the form on a GoPro Hero 3. I'm going to test it out under water in my 150gl.

Mastiffman
07-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Hard to believe that only after 5 months this thread has only received 12 votes. ;)

cricket355
07-28-2014, 05:45 PM
I am using my cell(Samsung 3), not happy with the results. Had an LG that did a much better job and was much cheaper. :(

Cichlid Lips
07-28-2014, 06:31 PM
Hard to believe that only after 5 months this thread has only received 12 votes. ;)

Not the most active site, that's for sure. That said I have noticed most of the Cichlid sites are pretty dead except for the sales area which kind of sucks.

On topic, my camera died on Saturday and as luck would have it my wife gave me an early birthday present.

I now have my first DSLR which is I believe a Nikon D3000 something?

Guess I should actually take it out of the box and look at it.
:blush: