PDA

View Full Version : NEW!: The John Fund!

LittleAfricaAquatics.com
07-30-2013, 02:41 PM
Sounds so offical:mrgreen:, ok like I said it was my sponsor so im in for half, $250 credit to John, anyone that wants to donate to John to get to the $500, just post here and lets back to lovin us some fish.:thumbsup:

gonefishingaquatics
07-30-2013, 02:58 PM
That's awesome. I wish someone donated to me when I spent 6k on male heavy katumbi point petros. Turon made it right though but man I wish I would have gotton 4k back in cash lol. Ill donate though let us know what to do.

rhickman
07-30-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm in, not a high roller like you guys but every penny counts so I'm in for $5 or $10

kraven08
07-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Count me in... just tell us how can we do that, since I'm in México, can be through paypal i think.... just let me know ... Gladly i'll colaborate!

Im proud to be a member of this forum and more proudly for LAA.
Excellent Greg

:thumbsup:

01nate
07-30-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm in for $10.

moganman
07-30-2013, 03:19 PM
I have $25. Thanks guys. This is great. Community is what it's about.

rdsilverio
07-30-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm in for $10. Awesome idea!!

JimA
07-30-2013, 03:50 PM
I'm good for 20

1711FM
07-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Hope every penny counts, I'm down for 5
Mostly I am proud of Greg. And Greg I will buy more from you, our last transaction was awesome.

supadave
07-30-2013, 03:53 PM
I'm in most definitely .

gmansrift
07-30-2013, 04:59 PM
I have a soft spot for people on street corners whether they use it for good or not....don't mind helping a fellow Troph hobbyist! good for $20

ExReefer
07-30-2013, 05:00 PM
I am in for $10.

MrFlow
07-30-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm in for $10. Little bit goes along way when it's all of us doing it. Proud to be a part of this!

Trophaolic
07-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Where do you want donation sent?

dmtanks328
07-30-2013, 05:44 PM
$20 here just tell me where to paypal

Hopefully we get enough to cover shipping too since he was stuck with that too.

Mastiffman
07-30-2013, 05:47 PM
I throw a Jackson in!

darthvader4bwu
07-30-2013, 06:00 PM
Count me in for 10

TrophAddict
07-30-2013, 06:03 PM
im in for 10 as well.

Keeones23
07-30-2013, 06:12 PM
I have a few peanuts to spare, put me down for $5

PHunKyPHiShMaN
07-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Count me in for $10!

So far every dealing with John has been a very positive one which leads me to more excitement towards this hobby. Glad to help out when a friend is in need.

1711FM
07-30-2013, 06:25 PM
I have a few peanuts to spare, put me down for $5

LOL good one.....

ExReefer
07-30-2013, 06:29 PM
This is awesome. Some really good people in this hobby.

Johnnyb76
07-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Just because of the name I'm in....haha
J/k I'd be in either way
What goes around comes around....

rrraptor
07-30-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm in ,just let me know where to send the donation....

Toneloc
07-30-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm late but I'm in.. Where do it donate?

TylerB
07-30-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm in for $10!

Cbalmansoo
07-30-2013, 09:44 PM
You can count me in for $10.

Kewl_front
07-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Count me in for $10. Glad to see people coming together to support one another.

DireWolf
07-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Rhickman and I are in for $10 each from Canada. Rick has Paypal so he will be sending the cashola.

John, good luck with the new Trophs when you get them.

Good work on thinking this up 01Nate, another Canadian from the area!! eh!!

Not sure if I missed it, but A Paypal account being set up, or how do we donate?

jucaben
07-30-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm in for $10. Just let me know where to send it.

Juan

xc_burner
07-30-2013, 11:37 PM
Count me in for $25.

TroPhish
07-30-2013, 11:38 PM
Hey Guys,

First off. THANK YOU!!!

Thank you for your kindness. And your lack of blindness.

It was clear that that dude needed to be black listed a long time ago.

Thank you for all the calls, texts, emails, pms, etc.

I'm pretty proud to be a part of this community.

Rock and roll!

ALSO, I want something to be clear. Im no different than the tons of other people that got screwed by that guy.

People have asked me "how did you get Greg to boot that dirt bag?"

Well let me tell you just how it happened....

I don't have any super crazy pull with Greg.

He dosnt give me any different prices.

I buy from other people as well as him.

I'm not some hired gun.

Im just a dude that got screwed over and decided to not tolerate it.

I told greg the same story that I posted on here for you guys to read.

I sent him the same pics.

He believed me.

Ands that was the end of my roll in this.

That dude cooked his own Turducken. :)

Next, Greg, Thanks for believing me. I mean...lets be real...I'm sure it wasn't that hard given the past turmoil that dude has created.

And Im sorry for sturing up stuff...but we all know that needed to happen and thing can only get better from here.

But thank you for just hacking your way through his mind games and taking me serious.

Im glad that through these odd circumstances we've had a chance to get to know each other better.

You're a good dude.

Thanks for keeping the forums going. It means a lot to a lot of people.

All tropheus. All the time.

There's no where else like it.

I really would be sad to see it not around.

And I know that it can be a head ach etc.

But hopefully...some of that head ach has been relived.

In regards to the donation:

I was warned. I knew I was flirting with fire when I began to do business with that guy.

And I got burned.

But that may have been the best 500 bucks I ever spent if it helps other hobbyists have positive tropheus keeping experiences.

I ask that you learn from my mistake.

Vote with your wallet.

No matter how attractive a "sale" is. Or if super awesome "wholesale" prices are now available.... DO NOT SUPPORT CROOKED PEOPLE.

Stand up for what is right and support small businesses and individuals that treat their customers and community well.

Take care of your fellow hobbyist. Sell fry to each other for what you would want to pay for them.

Don't rip people off.

Trade fry amongst yourselves.

Buy from retailers that actually treat their fish for medical issues, and cull out the unacceptable.

This is a living product....and things are not always perfect.

But buy from hobbiest or retailers that have a good reputation of doing their best to make sure people are happy.

Be friendly and honest to each other.

Don't drive dividing lines and create facets within the community.

Help the good people find each other so that this hobby can be cooler and stronger.

Introduce cool people to cool people.

Be cool.

Just do all that no brainer stuff.

But in regards to a financial donation, thank you for the offer, But I just cant have others paying for someone else's wrong doing. However, the offer means a lot. And send a signal to everyone that this is a solid crowd of honest folks!

INSTEAD of sending me money, I would like for you guys to set up a fund and donate to cichlid research/ or lake tang conservation instead. I believe Pam Chin would be a great person to talk to about this. She is a very friendly Troph nut that actually cares about these lakes and the fish within them.

I don't know how the logistics would work...but maybe there can be a sticky thread with a link to a way to donate to chiclid research and conservation.

Maybe Greg and Pam can shoot an email back and forth about that? and you guys can drop a little money into it.

From what I understand, Its an awesome cause!

OR for those of you that have children, if you prefer, take your children to a public aquarium. Let them see some of the amazing things that live on this planet. Maybe they will be the next wave of tropheus keepers? (and of course....buy them Ice cream while your there) :)

Once again.

Thanks you,

John

Kewl_front
07-30-2013, 11:53 PM
Hey Guys,

First off. THANK YOU!!!

Rock and roll!

ALSO, I want something to be clear. Im no different than the tons of other people that got screwed by that guy.

I'm not some hired gun.

He believed me.

Next, Greg, Thanks for believing me. I mean...lets be real...I'm sure it wasn't that hard given the past turmoil that dude has created.

And Im sorry for sturing up stuff...but we all know that needed to happen and thing can only get better from here.

But thank you for just hacking your way through his mind games and taking me serious.

Im glad that through these odd circumstances we've had a chance to get to know each other better.

You're a good dude.

I was warned. I knew I was flirting with fire when I began to do business with that guy.

And I got burned.

But that may have been the best 500 bucks I ever spent if it helps other hobbyists have positive tropheus keeping experiences.

Vote with your wallet.

No matter how attractive a "sale" is. Or if super awesome "wholesale" prices are now available.... DO NOT SUPPORT CROOKED PEOPLE.

Stand up for what is right and support small businesses and individuals that treat their customers and community well.

Take care of your fellow hobbyist. Sell fry to each other for what you would want to pay for them.

Don't rip people off.

Buy from retailers that actually treat their fish for medical issues, and cull out the unacceptable.

But buy from hobbiest or retailers that have a good reputation of doing their best to make sure people are happy.

Help the good people find each other so that this hobby can be cooler and stronger.

Be cool.

But in regards to a financial donation, thank you for the offer, But I just cant have others paying for someone else's wrong doing. However, the offer means a lot. And send a signal to everyone that this is a solid crowd of honest folks!

INSTEAD of sending me money, I would like for you guys to set up a fund and donate to cichlid research/ or lake tang conservation instead. I believe Pam Chin would be a great person to talk to about this. She is a very friendly Troph nut that actually cares about these lakes and the fish within them.

I don't know how the logistics would work...but maybe there can be a sticky thread with a link to a way to donate to chiclid research and conservation.

Maybe Greg and Pam can shoot an email back and forth about that? and you guys can drop a little money into it.

OR for those of you that have children, if you prefer, take your children to a public aquarium. Let them see some of the amazing things that live on this planet. Maybe they will be the next wave of tropheus keepers? (and of course....buy them Ice cream while your there) :)

Once again.

Thanks you,

John

Brought tears to my eyes!!! I love this hobby and wish more. What does more mean??? More love in this world, more kindness, more loving your neighbor, more integrity, more, more, more. I think you got my point. Good luck brothers! God Bless, Lance - 1 John 3:5

TroPhish
07-30-2013, 11:54 PM
And Greg, tone your donation down to a more reasonable 50 or 100 bucks or something.

Anyway...just donate what your comfortable with.

It isn't your responsibility to pay for his crooked ways.

We can always talk down the road if you ever get more yungus ;)

(kidding...kinda....I mean...they're yungus...im hooked!)

John

LittleAfricaAquatics.com
07-31-2013, 12:05 AM
And Greg, tone yours down to a more reasonable 50 or 100 bucks or something.

It isn't your responsibility to pay for his crooked ways.

We'll talk down the road if you ever get more yungus ;)

John

Ok John sounds good, like I said next group I will just work you out a killer discount. Proud of everybody here and your selflessness. Lets move forward, the future is bright for trophs.com and we are unstopable. Good people thanks, lets get back to enjoying fish and leave the drama behind, no place for it in this hobby.:thumbsup:

LittleAfricaAquatics.com
07-31-2013, 12:12 AM
Also after updates was going to figure out a donation thing for us to do as a regular basis to help where we can with different things, I will talk with Pam about it, next year the ACA is in Louisville as you know and I plan on a lot of donations to the ACA and Pams causes and see can explain better about the causes she works closely with. Good powerful group here and I think we can do a lot of good in the world, something I have thought about before even if its fish, diaster relief, animal rights and help, etc... . Going forward during the updates here soon I will try to figure away out with the IT guy, some ideals we can look at, proud of all you all:).

TroPhish
07-31-2013, 12:21 AM
That's it!

I hadn't been able to figure it out...

But you know how sites have sponsors.

Maybe trophs can sponsor something or an event or research or whatever ... with a good casue and it can be

"sponsored through trophs.com members voluntary contributions/ donations"

Something grass roots and good!

waterdog
07-31-2013, 12:39 AM
I'm in for this John. You was good to me.
You can pm me your address again buddy , please.

Pam Chin
07-31-2013, 12:43 AM
John,

Thank you for thinking of Cichlid Research and Cichlid Conservation, it is a worthy cause!

I think doing something special at next years ACA convention would be a lot of fun!

And yes, you can sponsor a class at the show. There is usually a Tropheus Petrochromis class in the fish show. You get listed in all the promotional items for the convention as a sponsor.

The ACA for this year is over, I am still having cichlid withdrawl. But I will drag this all back up, when it comes around to Convention time next year!

Cichlid Power!
Pam

TroPhish
07-31-2013, 12:47 AM
Hey waterdog.

Hope your fish are doing well

Ill shoot you a PM soon.

LittleAfricaAquatics.com
07-31-2013, 12:48 AM
John,

Thank you for thinking of Cichlid Research and Cichlid Conservation, it is a worthy cause!

I think doing something special at next years ACA convention would be a lot of fun!

And yes, you can sponsor a class at the show. There is usually a Tropheus Petrochromis class in the fish show. You get listed in all the promotional items for the convention as a sponsor.

The ACA for this year is over, I am still having cichlid withdrawl. But I will drag this all back up, when it comes around to Convention time next year!

Cichlid Power!
Pam

Please do Pam, its in my town and I will make sure to organize something from trophs.com for the ACA besides what I will be donating from my company, we will do it up right.:thumbsup:

TroPhish
07-31-2013, 12:58 AM
John,

Cichlid Power!
Pam

Awesome Pam!

My formal training is in botanical and horticultural research.

I cant enjoy ornamental horticulture if we kill off all the plants in the woods.

So its the same thing here with cichlid conservation.

Anyway, Iv always enjoyed your articals, you've always been helpful towards me, and I always see ya yappin' about ciclid research and learning.

All good stuff!

John

haixu
07-31-2013, 01:54 AM
This site truly has lots of great and nice folks!!! I m a big fan.
Trophish ...John. I hope you will soon find the fish you love. Thanks n best wishes.

rrraptor
07-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Friends,

I just wanted to say something about this site, Especially GREG and JOHN. Both of you are stand up guys, from what you helped me with and all I have read on this site I truly believe there are some great people on this planet . We all run into those certain people who only have 1 agenda on their mind $$$$$$$$. I work for a major financial institution and I see GREED from top to bottom at it's worst. It's communities like what we have here that shows how everyone can work together to help each other and not worry about profits Good work ethics are hard to come by these days, and good friends even harder ! I've made some good friends on this site and will help all I can.

Sincerely,

James M F
Assistant Vice president
Infrastructure Sr. Tech Analyst

1711FM
07-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Hey Guys,

First off. THANK YOU!!!

Rock and roll!

I'm not some hired gun.

He believed me.

You're a good dude.

And I got burned.

Vote with your wallet.

Don't rip people off.

Be cool.

Once again.

Thanks you,

John

You know John thanks for the advice, I will bring my kid to sea world next week...

Febian

MDTrophs
07-31-2013, 06:25 PM
Hey Guys,

First off. THANK YOU!!!

Rock and roll!

I'm not some hired gun.

He believed me.

You're a good dude.

And I got burned.

Vote with your wallet.

Don't rip people off.

Be cool.

Once again.

Thanks you,

John

Class act!!