PDA

View Full Version : Trophs with Peacock?

Aikeedoh
10-01-2010, 11:01 PM
Anyone tried keeping Trophs and Peacocks together? Can it be done?I am thinking of a 125gal with one colony of Trophs and a few Peacocks.

Please comment.

Thanks.

fishdisease
10-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Trophs and Peacoks need approximately the same kind of water: clear, hard, high Ph,...so, you can keep together Tropheus and Peacoks. But, the origin of these two families is different: Trophs from Tanganyika, Peacoks from Malawi (Alticorpus, Aulonocara, Lethrinops, etc) or other african river (Astatotilapia, etc). So, this combination seems a bit unnatural...more, for me it's a shame to spoil the beauty of a Tropheus colonies, combining it with Peacoks. :)

dww-law
10-02-2010, 03:55 AM
I keep one very nice looking German Red Peacock with my Ikola's. I got him a while back as a rescue and just decided to keep him.

karydas
10-02-2010, 06:16 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fishdisease @ Oct 2 2010, 01:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=49296)</div>Trophs and Peacoks need approximately the same kind of water: clear, hard, high Ph,...so, you can keep together Tropheus and Peacoks. But, the origin of these two families is different: Trophs from Tanganyika, Peacoks from Malawi (Alticorpus, Aulonocara, Lethrinops, etc) or other african river (Astatotilapia, etc). So, this combination seems a bit unnatural...more, for me it's a shame to spoil the beauty of a Tropheus colonies, combining it with Peacoks. :)[/b]
I'll have to agree with that. Personally I prefer a biotopic set up, rather than mixing the lakes.
:)

Aikeedoh
10-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Thanks all,

I realize both are from different lakes. But both can be kept using NLS or Spirulina flake. My only concern is the dominant troph may harass the peacock, but in a large enough tank (125g), the peacock should be OK...I think...

Thanks.