PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of those who are serving our country

cichlidomaha
05-28-2010, 05:11 PM
On this Memorial Day Weekend: We should thank all who have served our armed forces of this great country that we live in. You make it so we can be proud free Americans, and have all the great freedoms this country has to offer. In this we are indebted to all the proud Men, and Women who serve in times of war as well as in times of peace to ensure the Safety of our Country, as well as the Freedoms we hold so dear. And a special thanks to their families as well for the sacrifices they make at home. And for the ones that gave the ultimate sacrfice by insuring our safety, they are the true heroes. May we also pray for the families of everyone who has served our great country as well as those still serving. We say Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

mmillerr
05-28-2010, 05:25 PM
+1!!

Thanks for our freedom and your service to our country!!!!

billansor
05-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Agreed

One of our members.. Chris or ad2crl just left with his group to go over for the next six months of tour of duty in Afghanistan. He leaves a wife who will deliver while he is gone...

The sacrifices of our men and women are untold stories of hardship, families being without and parents worrying.....

As said..

Thank you..

Bill :)

Gene D
05-28-2010, 09:05 PM
Thank you to all who have served. It is a demanding lifestyle with sacrifices to numerous to list. I would ask you guys to keep the members of the 72nd Brigade Combat Team in mind. I had the privilage of serving with a number of these soldiers in Kosovo in 2006 and they once again find themselves deployed a number of them for the 3rd and 4th time. Your service brings credit upon yourselves, the 36th Infantry Division and the United States Army!

CichlidsandHerps
05-28-2010, 10:05 PM
A great thread! To all of those who have served in the past, those who are currently serving, and those who will offer their service in the future, we are indebted far more than words can describe. Thank you for putting your Country first.

Alison

dww-law
05-29-2010, 02:56 AM
I am a Veteran who served 8 years in the United States Marine Corps many years ago. I, along with all Veterans on this board, appreciate the kind words and thoughts. However, Veterans Day is a day to honor those who serve and those who have served. Memorial Day is a much more sacred day and is meant to honor those who gave their lives in the service of our country. I am proud of my service, but I do not want to detract or compare it to those service members who paid a much steeper price than I or any Veteran who may read this board. Remember and honor the fallen on Monday. It is their day of honor and remembrance not ours.

Don Williams