PDA

View Full Version : Suggested fishing assembly in a 720 liter?

valfei
06-14-2009, 07:22 PM
I have some questions about Petrochromis.

What is the general growth in Petrochromis?

I will soon buy me a 720 liter, but are unsure of what and how many Petros I may have. Any suggestions?

I hope some experienced Petro owners can help me. :thumbsup:

mobafry123
06-14-2009, 08:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vidar Alfei @ Jun 14 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=32412)</div>I have some questions about Petrochromis.

What is the general growth in Petrochromis?

I will soon buy me a 720 liter, but are unsure of what and how many Petros I may have. Any suggestions?

I hope some experienced Petro owners can help me. :thumbsup:[/b]
we know that it is 190.2 gal but what are the dimensions?
what sp. were you interested in getting?
what will your filtration be like?
oh,by the way welcome to the forum!!! :)

Longstocking
06-15-2009, 04:47 PM
They grow like weeds.... fastest growing tang I have kept. They are over an inch in weeks....

valfei
06-15-2009, 07:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(russ @ Jun 14 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=32414)</div>we know that it is 190.2 gal but what are the dimensions?
oh,by the way welcome to the forum!!! :)[/b]

The Aquarium is 200cm long, 60cm wide and 60cm high.

Species I want is: Moshi Yellow, Longola, Red Bulu Point, and possibly Texas?.
Plan to use 1 x Eheim 2080 and 1 x Eheim 2028 as filtering, so it should keep, I believe. :thumbsup:

I have previously had some groups of Tropheus, but it is the first time I will try Petrochromis, so this is very exciting since so many like this species very well. What can you recommend me to have of the different species and how many?

gernot
06-15-2009, 08:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vidar Alfei @ Jun 15 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=32490)</div>The Aquarium is 200cm long, 60cm wide and 60cm high.

Plan to use 1 x Eheim 2080 and 1 x Eheim 2028 as filtering, so it should keep, I believe. :thumbsup:

I have previously had some groups of Tropheus, but it is the first time I will try Petrochromis, so this is very exciting since so many like this species very well. What can you recommend me to have of the different species and how many?[/b]

thought so, european standard size for 720l tanks.
you want 2 Eheim 2080, right? would also suggest you get yourself a Tunze Nanostream or something similar for good water movement. About the Petros. Do you know where you can get them from? And how much you will be able to get?

rgds
gernot

mobafry123
06-15-2009, 08:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vidar Alfei @ Jun 15 2009, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=32490)</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(russ @ Jun 14 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=32414)we know that it is 190.2 gal but what are the dimensions?
oh,by the way welcome to the forum!!! :)[/b]

The Aquarium is 200cm long, 60cm wide and 60cm high.

I have previously had some groups of Tropheus, but it is the first time I will try Petrochromis, so this is very exciting since so many like this species very well. What can you recommend me to have of the different species and how many?
[/b][/quote]
since it is a little longer than a 180(basic foot print)but longer.i'd say get you a big sp. like longola or the red bulu,and get you a good sized colony of trews or famula.
petros are a great fish!!!!!! :thumbsup:

valfei
06-18-2009, 08:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(russ @ Jun 15 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=32492)</div>since it is a little longer than a 180(basic foot print)but longer.i'd say get you a big sp. like longola or the red bulu,and get you a good sized colony of trews or famula.
petros are a great fish!!!!!! :thumbsup:[/b]

How many of each species would you recommend me to buy?
Are there any species that are more aggressive than others?

What feeds you Petrochromis with? and how much?

mobafry123
06-18-2009, 11:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vidar Alfei @ Jun 18 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=32674)</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(russ @ Jun 15 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=32492)since it is a little longer than a 180(basic foot print)but longer.i'd say get you a big sp. like longola or the red bulu,and get you a good sized colony of trews or famula.
petros are a great fish!!!!!! :thumbsup:[/b]

How many of each species would you recommend me to buy?
Are there any species that are more aggressive than others?

What feeds you Petrochromis with? and how much?
[/b][/quote]
if money is not an issue,i'd go with 6-9 red bulu... :drool: and then load up on some trews or famula,like 15-20 of them.you could also throw some trophs in with the two groups!texas bulu is another option for a bigger petro,the aggression is very low compared to kasumbe,longola and moshi.i dont have one nipped fin in my tank of texas bulu,and they are a nice looking petro,but if i had the cash i'd get the red bulus,for sure!!! :thumbsup:

valfei
06-19-2009, 05:33 AM
I can imagine a little about what and how many species I want. Then make me a list of species that I want. Must check the availability of Petro here in Norway, but possible I need to travel to Denmark or Sweden to buy there.

Many thanks for good tips and advice! :thumbsup: