PDA

View Full Version : Moody moshi

Mr. Johnson
04-07-2009, 04:19 AM
So here are some pictures of my singleton moshi. Guy sure is moody. Changes colors within seconds depending on how he feels.

http://trophs.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10376/moshi_1.jpg (http://trophs.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10376/moshi_1.jpg)

Just hanging out and trying to bend in with the rocks.

http://trophs.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10376/moshi_2.jpg (http://trophs.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10376/moshi_2.jpg)

I can only guess he felt like showing off the "traditional" moshi yellow.

Hope you guys like it. :thumbsup:

asriel
04-07-2009, 04:21 AM
cool fish mj :thumbsup:
i'm starting to get into these a bit more now :)
good thing i don't have space

Mr. Johnson
04-07-2009, 04:29 AM
O man, I been love me some petros for the longest. :thumbsup:

I just wish I had a bigger tank to keep a real nice colony. :(

asriel
04-07-2009, 04:45 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr. Johnson @ Apr 7 2009, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28899)</div>O man, I been love me some petros for the longest. :thumbsup:

I just wish I had a bigger tank to keep a real nice colony. :([/b]
wish i had a bigger house :roflmao:

Mr. Johnson
04-07-2009, 04:50 AM
Dare I say the moops might find a new home?

asriel
04-07-2009, 04:59 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr. Johnson @ Apr 7 2009, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28905)</div>Dare I say the moops might find a new home?[/b]
ha ha going to get another 10 soon so new home but still with me :)
cyps and gobies are up for sale so i can make space for the new moops till i find a bigger tank then i'm gonna bring the numbers up to about 35-40

Mr. Johnson
04-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Nice plan! With the cyps and gobies gone that tank is going to be a breeding farm.

35-40 to a colony is really nice to look at too.

I got 56 ilangi.....I'm thinking 300g rubbermaid tub. :thumbsup:

asriel
04-07-2009, 05:14 AM
yeah should be all good when they have gone i love the gobies they just argue too much and the subordinates get stressed and a little bloated up so they have to go
the cyps are another story they produce a lot of fry which is good for getting food and little bits and bobs with the cash but i'm sick of people coming round and saying i love them fish with the yellow tails and not even seeing my moops :banghead:
so it's bye bye to them too
:roflmao:

asriel
04-07-2009, 05:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr. Johnson @ Apr 7 2009, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28908)</div>Nice plan! With the cyps and gobies gone that tank is going to be a breeding farm.

35-40 to a colony is really nice to look at too.

I got 56 ilangi.....I'm thinking 300g rubbermaid tub. :thumbsup:[/b]
so 56 now
show me some full tank shots bro
love the super size groups

Mr. Johnson
04-07-2009, 05:31 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(asriel @ Apr 7 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28913)</div>so 56 now
love the super size groups[/b]

Yupers! I just hit EK up and got another 18 more 3 weeks ago.

Most are still young and small.

I'll get EK to come over at night to get a FTS. It's crazy looking when they school back and forth against the flow.

If I didn't have those WC lufubus coming in I would move these guys into the 6 footer.

asriel
04-07-2009, 05:36 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr. Johnson @ Apr 7 2009, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28914)</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(asriel @ Apr 7 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28913)so 56 now
love the super size groups[/b]

Yupers! I just hit EK up and got another 18 more 3 weeks ago.

Most are still young and small.

I'll get EK to come over at night to get a FTS. It's crazy looking when they school back and forth against the flow.

If I didn't have those WC lufubus coming in I would move these guys into the 6 footer.
[/b][/quote]
cool get them beers out and get EK clicking away :thumbsup:

THORLEIFDK
04-07-2009, 05:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr. Johnson @ Apr 7 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28914)</div>If I didn't have those WC lufubus coming in I would move these guys into the 6 footer.[/b]
Stick to your Lufubus,they aint catching those fish to much any longer :thumbsup:
best regards
Carsten

asriel
04-07-2009, 06:05 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THORLEIFDK @ Apr 7 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28917)</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr. Johnson @ Apr 7 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28914)If I didn't have those WC lufubus coming in I would move these guys into the 6 footer.[/b]
Stick to your Lufubus,they aint catching those fish to much any longer :thumbsup:
best regards
Carsten
[/b][/quote]
tell us more please :)

noddy
04-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Hey M.J
Great looking moshi, I tried to buy a doz. they ended up being mtoto, :angry: I think I will have to try again some day.

THORLEIFDK
04-07-2009, 09:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(asriel @ Apr 7 2009, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28920)</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THORLEIFDK @ Apr 7 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28917)<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr. Johnson @ Apr 7 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28914)If I didn't have those WC lufubus coming in I would move these guys into the 6 footer.[/b]
best regards
Carsten
[/b][/quote]
tell us more please :)
[/b][/quote]
Recently i have been told that those fish are hard to find!i dont want to say the word "overfished" but it could allso be the problem :( and from the "money" point of view,the longer time U have to use catching those fish... ;)
B.R.
Carsten

Longstocking
04-07-2009, 01:20 PM
My moshi does the same thing.... brown to bright yellow/ orange....

I have the orange ones. They are like freakn light bulbs!!

Although I have noticed the female tends to stay light colored.
Nice shots :bouncypink: :drool:

Mr. Johnson
04-07-2009, 05:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THORLEIFDK @ Apr 7 2009, 03:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28917)</div>Stick to your Lufubus,they aint catching those fish to much any longer :thumbsup:
best regards
Carsten[/b]

Carsten,

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup: I was going to get a box of musanga instead b/c they were, relatively, rarer and new.

However, after re-thing about it I went with the lufubu b/c I wanted a big colony for a little over 2 years now and got tired of putting that off. :lol:

The lufubus should be in the states in a week or two and in my tank about two weeks after that! I'm excited. Again, that's for the heads up. :)

Mr. Johnson
04-07-2009, 05:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(noddy @ Apr 7 2009, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28928)</div>Hey M.J
Great looking moshi, I tried to buy a doz. they ended up being mtoto, :angry: I think I will have to try again some day.[/b]

Bro don't be disappointed, those mtoto are bada$$ to me! :thumbsup: I had a singleton with this same ilangi colony for a while. Little guy was about 3'' but man could he eat. Guy cleans algae more so then other petros I've had in the pass.....but maybe it's cause he small and can get into tighter places.

A lot of people say mtoto trun brown with age and that's why they don't want to keep them. But a lot of moshis trun brown with age and others are brown all together. The only thing the moshi got over the mtoto is SIZE and aggression. But that's good and bad. You can have a colony of mtoto in a 6 footer and get away with it....can't say the same for the moshis.

Either way, a colony of mtoto would be really cool to look at.

do you have any of the blue varients in your colony? I always wondered if they were found together in the wild or not.

Mr. Johnson
04-07-2009, 05:18 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Longstocking @ Apr 7 2009, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28957)</div>My moshi does the same thing.... brown to bright yellow/ orange....

I have the orange ones. They are like freakn light bulbs!!

Although I have noticed the female tends to stay light colored.
Nice shots :bouncypink: :drool:[/b]

Thanks for the complements, means a lot coming from the petro queen. :roflmao: :bowdown:

TROPHS4LIFE
04-07-2009, 05:36 PM
nice pics,neat fish,im sure youll love the lufubus as much as i do,now having actual lufubus lol

Mr. Johnson
04-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks marr. :thumbsup:

At least you worked it all out with your colony. I can only guess how mad you must had been when you saw the colony was mixed.

Either way, all is good. They are going to start coloring up soon! Man, I excited for you. :lol:

Can you post some more pictures for me marr?

TROPHS4LIFE
04-07-2009, 09:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mr. Johnson @ Apr 7 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=28990)</div>Thanks marr. :thumbsup:

At least you worked it all out with your colony. I can only guess how mad you must had been when you saw the colony was mixed.

Either way, all is good. They are going to start coloring up soon! Man, I excited for you. :lol:

Can you post some more pictures for me marr?[/b]

yeah first time i felt out of my element in a while,when it comes to cichlids lol,sure learning real quick,lovin the trophs my next groups coming already all davesolo's fault lol,pics i will keepem coming.............take care

t-position
04-08-2009, 01:57 AM
he looks pretty awesome mj! does he stay outta trouble? looks nice and happy!

Mr. Johnson
04-08-2009, 02:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(t-position @ Apr 7 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=29023)</div>he looks pretty awesome mj! does he stay outta trouble? looks nice and happy![/b]

I'm tell you something T and you might not believe me unless you seen it yourself.

As you know, I like to keep one petro in with my tropheus colonies to herd them. And every time so far nothing happens. They just leave each other alone.

But these ilangis are crazy! The nip at his fins and try to nip at his body. He trys to get them back put they are too fast for him! Aggression is only coming from the ilangis. The moshi is super chill. Just hangs out all day eating algae.

t-position
04-08-2009, 02:47 AM
maybe i should throw a singleton in my pemba tank! :roflmao: i'm loving on the petros hard right now for some reason. i'm excited as can be about the trews i just got.

Mr. Johnson
04-08-2009, 03:00 AM
yeah, I feel you.

As you know I been loved them petros for the longest time. I actually like the petros over trophs from the start. But both have grown on me. I only keep trophs cause my tanks are too small. :(

I be honest I would love to keep any fishes that are from the trophini tribe. :thumbsup: