PDA

View Full Version : Petrochromis and Malawi cichlids

darthvader4bwu
08-28-2007, 11:47 AM
I went to a friends house yesterday whom i had given a petrochromis about a year ago and when i looked into his tank lo and behold i noticed the petro swimming amongst a 240 gallon full of malawi cichlids. When i questioned him about how long the petro had been living with the malawis he stated that it was living with them from the day that i had given the petro to him.

HornPlayer54
08-28-2007, 01:26 PM
Very interesting! I wonder how a group would do in a setting like that. Anyone have any experience?

Apexpredator
08-29-2007, 04:02 PM
They would probably do quite well. Same diet, etc.

Petros, in my experience do quite well with all kinds of fish....other than petros. As long as there are no other petros in the tank they are wonderful, and peaceful, tankmates.

HornPlayer54
08-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Petros, in my experience do quite well with all kinds of fish....other than petros. As long as there are no other petros in the tank they are wonderful, and peaceful, tankmates.[/b]

LOL!

Apexpredator
08-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Well its the truth :D

Heather
08-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Thats very interesting Ray :thumbsup:

Next time you visit bring a camera along! :kidding:

darthvader4bwu
08-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Sure Heather i'll take a pic when i visit him again.

tntcichlids
12-28-2007, 12:25 AM
I first keep petros with petros,next I had some texas red fry, they started to grow then they would kill each other, so I put them in with pseudotropheus polits, they grew up together and I sold them. I have petrochromis ephippium with Albino Auratus, and Labidochrimis Red Top Kupuma. I have Petrochromis Poldon with Placidochromis Phenichilus. All the fish are doing good, I like the mubuas with them beacause their behavoir is the same, eat and chase each other. and it cuts down on the aggresion, and my petros eat everything with no bloat. I feed them shrimp mix, frozen blood woms, frozen brine shrimp. NLS pellets, HB soft and moist pellets, Green flakes, Color Flakes I have made shrimp mix with shrimp and fish they eat that too. My next group will live with salousi and flavus. I will post some pictures of the tanks later.

Tyrone

tntcichlids
12-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Here is a picture.

http://tntcichlids.com/New_Pics/Petro%20and%20Pen.jpg

Apexpredator
12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Thanks for sharing Tyrone. Just illustrates the fact you can keep these guys with a wide variety of fish.